Rapid Mobilisation with Multiple system succeeds where previous contractors failed
Having tried to clean their TWISTED TUBE Heat Exchangers by Koch Heat Transfer several times, this South African refinery required advanced cleaning techniques to remove both shell side and tube side fouling.
Using a multi-system approach Tube Tech was able to clean the twisted tube exchangers effectively, quickly and safely.
- Tube Tech had a very short window in which to mobilise both equipment and technicians for this critical path project.
- 4x Twisted Tube Heat Exchanger by Koch Heat Transfer bundles each with 960 triangular pitch horizontal tubes.
- Client advised deposit was ferric oxide spread evenly across the tube side and blocking the shell side.
- Client requested a 90% production standard of clean to the internal and external surfaces.
- Twisted tube exchangers continually fouling since installation in 2008.
- Client had previously tried chemical and high pressure water jetting to remove fouling but all 5 attempts had failed to remove all deposits.
- 24 technicians from Tube Tech mobilised to work day and night shifts.
- This critical path contract was successfully completed within the short timeframe specified by the client.
Multiple systems used included:
- Remote control Tube Side water jetting systems with no hydraulic recoil using bespoke tips for twisted tubes.
- Micro Bore Shell JeTT system removed deposits from the entire shell side spaces by penetrating deep into the centre of the exchangers.