Tubes Cleaned Ready for IRIS Inspection
Asset integrity is an essential part of running a plant.
IRIS Standard cleanliness is historically difficult to achieve using traditional water jetting often requiring multiple passes, thereby extending the duration of a shutdown unnecessarily and often going into critical path.
On such a costly and critical item such as a VCFE / Texas Tower, it was essential for a Netherlands based refinery to achieve IRIS standard cleanliness.
Tube Tech was recommended to them as the ideal specialist for this challenge.
Tube Tech provided a newly developed “Enhanced IRIS Standard Cleaning System” using a novel Rotaflex process which ensured all tubes were rapidly cleaned to IRIS inspection standard first time, every time.
- Deposit characteristics described as unknown.
- Client reported that 95% of tubes could be fouled, and 5% of tubes blocked.
- Client advised that a maximum of 5% of tubes could be blocked.
- Previous water jetting contractors were unable to achieve IRIS.
- There were severe time constraints as the refinery was in shutdown.
Tube Tech's bespoke Rotaflex Enhanced IRIS Standard Cleaning System which included:
- Rapid Tube Blockage Location Technology
- Soft Drill tube Unblocking Process
- Multiple Tube Descaling Systems
High Speed Enhanced Tube Cleanliness to allow both Eddy Current and IRIS Inspection Standard.